Full-time Bachelor Study
Scholarships for talented students from abroad for full-time study (Bachelor’s degree programme or Joint Bachelor’s and Master’s study programme)
The scholarship programme is designed for international students who plan to pursue higher education in Slovakia in the academic year 2023/2024.
Studies can be carried out at public or private higher education institution, as well as any full-time study programme. To view a list of English-language study programmes offered in Slovakia, please visit the following website:www.portalvs.sk/en/studijne-odbory
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- citizenship of a country other than Slovakia, which must be confirmed by an acceptable form of identification (generally a passport; those from countries within the European Union, EEA and Switzerland can use a national ID card). Dual citizenship which includes Slovak and other citizenship is allowed,
- no permanent or temporary residence in Slovakia since January 1st, 2018 until the date of submitting your scholarship application, with the exception of temporary residence for attending a Slovak language or study preparation course (which must be confirmed by the applicant's university),
- no prior study at a high school or higher education institution in Slovakia, except for academic mobilities. Studies outside of Slovakia are not a contradicting factor for applying for this scholarship,
- completed secondary education (may be completed in the academic year 2022/2023),
- admission to a Slovak higher education institution for a bachelor’s degree programme or joint bachelor’s and master’s study programme, with studies taking place within the Slovak Republic (at the time of applying for this scholarship an application to a Slovak higher education institution will suffice),
- enrollment into the first year of a bachelor’s degree programme or in a joint bachelor’s and master’s study programme starting in the fall of 2023,
- full time, in-person study programme,
- no specific language requirements for the programme of study,
- no upper age limit, applicants under the age of 18 will need a signed approval from their legal guardian.
The application process consists of 2 steps:
Step 1. Create a registration account. - THIS STEP IS ACTIVE
Step 2: Submit the application itself and upload attachments.
The application deadline will be announced on the website and sent to the e-mail address provided during registration.
More information available at: www.scholarships.portalvs.sk
Scholarships of the Government of the Slovak Republic for full Bachelor degree programmes
- for students from countries eligible for the Official Development Assistance (ODA) - Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Georgia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Lebanon, Moldova, Mongolia, Palestinian National Authority, Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, and Vietnam. The list of eligible countries may vary every year.
- for persons with Slovak Living Abroad status.
Studies can be carried out only at public universities in Slovakia and are held in the Slovak language. The Scholarships of the Government of the Slovak Republic include a scholarship for a 10-month language preparation course in the case that the applicant has not completed his/her previous education in the Slovak Republic.
Applications are submitted online at www.vladnestipendia.sk;
Deadline: 30 May.
Scholarships are awarded by the Assessment Committee of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
More information available at: www.minedu.sk, www.vladnestipendia.sk.